Last weekend my mom took Jono and I to watch my dad's Ironman in Texas. We stayed at our friends, the Goodes, in Dallas on Thursday night. We went house-hunting on Friday morning. I like a house on Wise St. and one on Huntington Court. My parents like one on Tall Woods Trail. Later we drove the 4 1/2 hour drive down to Houston. The Goodes stayed at their friend's house while we stayed at my mom's aunt and uncle's house.Jono, mom's cousins and I watched Volcano, which is a super scary movie about a volcanoe erping in the middle of San Francisco or something, but it starts out about these miners getting serious mine burns. It's scary. Almost had nighmares. Saturday: IRONMAN!!!! Yay! We drove to the biking part at around nine or something, and we watched for my dad.

We went to Target while we were waiting and got neon posters, sharpies, and cold medicine. I had a huge cold so we got DayQuil. They have humongous pills that aren't the chewable kind, and it took like 10 min. just to swallow one! Eugh! They worked amazingly well though! Within and hour and a half I was feeling super better, and it was AWESOME! If you can swallow big pills, I recommend Day- and NyQuil.
Anyway, we found a back road on the biking part and waited...and waited...and waited. It took a long time and we were getting kiled by vicious fire ants. I hate ants. Especially small ones that can crawl all over you and come close without you seeing. Like Spy Ants. (they should make a movie. Heehee) I would rather stand up and eat then sit down among small ants at a picnic. Yeah. So, it was like my worst nightmare. Small ants + antophobia? + bites + little bumpy reactions to bites on your otherwise smooth skin = not a happy camper. It was fun otherwise though [**grin**]
We saw them finally! The three dads were about a half hour apart from eachother. It went: (wait) (wait) (wait) Stan, (wait) Dad, (wait) Rich (go) People high-fived us! Yay!
We then went to the running. Actually, we went to the Goode's family-friends' house until it made sense to go see dad. We also got Subway. I got vegetarian! It was good.
 |
| heehee! I like his suit! |
At the running they had a screen with the view of the finish line and everyone crossing it. The announcer kept saying "Joe Smith from Iceland, You're an Ironman Joe!" or "Sally Piggle-wiggle from Australia, you're an Ironman Sally!" and, "DON'T YOU DARE BRING YOU'RE FAMILY ON THE TRACK! {**mutters** "I can't believe he did that."}" finally, "Wow, a proposal! You're an Ironcouple!" It was fun! Ann bought Jono and I rubber Ironman bracelets. Thanks Ann! On Sunday We drove back to Dallas and went to church in Southlake. The ward was really nice.


Also we celebrated MR. Goodes' birthday! The carrot cake was so good! Monday: And now for the best part: Jono and I went shopping! Mom and Dad went house hunting while we went to the outdoor shopping center alone! We each got $20 and also $20 for presents for Annie, Sophia and Ezra! We got lunch at Jambe Juice. I got Mango-a-gogo. it was good, but I like the banana one the best. We then went to Nothing Bundt Cakes. We shared an AMAZING red velvet one. Then I went to the best store EVA!!! It's called Charming Charlies. It's the new fantastic tangerine zebra jackhammer cupcake. (It's a Twilight thing, you wouldn't understand.) It's ALL about ACCESORIES!!!!!! They are sorted by color, which make it 134,904 times better! Jono bought a bunch of little things (most of them useless, like a rubber snake) at a toystore, and then he bought another bundt cake, this time white chocolate raspberry. It was good! Then we went home. Bye-bye Texas!
No comments:
Post a Comment