Sunday, March 13, 2011
Spring
I am so happy that spring is coming! The snow has basically stuck since Christmas and now it's almost gone! All of the neighbors on the opposite side of the street still have almost a foot of snow, but luckily, not us. Spring is coming (and a real one too, since the groundhog didn't see it's shadow) on March 21st, in eight days! My favorite spring flower is the tulip, famous in Holland. I always wondered why they wear those clogs. Do they really do that? They look cool. I have bright red clogs, but they're not wooden. I like the movie "The Best Two Years" where they're in Holland. There are a lot of tulips! Anyway, spring means my birthday and I can't wait. It's weird thinking that I'll be thirteen and a teenager (sort of)! I hope being 13 is just as great as being 12 (which no doubt it is). Many springs, bees make a nest in the vent in my bathroom. Normally they don't sting and we just smush them. Last year however, Annie was stung, once while I was babysitting, and once while she was sleeping. Oh well. I'll cross my fingers that they don't come this year. It's annoying. I know it's still March, but in April we have a whole week off for break! That's something I'm looking forward to. Spring is such a relief to get away from winter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment