Thursday, August 9, 2012

EFY-Provo






         I just got back from Provo, Utah after going to EFY at BYU!!! It was so much fun! My roommate was Holli, and she was so great! Everyone is in a company, a two counselor groups, one boys, and one girls. My company was named Verse 17. We had a lot of devotionals and firesides, but they were all amazing, and I learned a lot. Every morning, you have personal scripture study for 30 minutes. Your counselors teach you to pray before reading, and how to get the most out of the scriptures. At EFY, it's really easy to feel the spirit, and my testimony totally grew that week.

         On Tuesday, we had a bunch of classes. My classes I chose were "What your Heavenly Father Wants You to Be," by Sheree Argyle, "Strengthening Your Relationship With the Lord Through Prayer," by Mike Truman, "Always Remember Christ," by Brian Andre, and my favorite, "The Meeting," by Steven Taeger. The last one was about meeting Christ and God again after we die. It was really good, and the teacher was really funny. I think that makes a lesson really good, if you are funny. We also had a block of time where we teach the first missionary discussion with a partner to someone else. It was funny, because after you are asked a question about our church, and we teach them without any preparation. Our question was about seminary, so I was teaching about seminary, but I've never been before!

         Then later, we had a dance. It was really fun. The counselors taught a lot of really fun dances, and there were plenty of slow dances too. It's really fun, because during the slow dances, everyone tries to make sure no one is left without a partner.

         We had a games night, where we ran relay races, performed company cheers, and played lots of really fun games. Our cheer sort of came from the movie Redtails. In the movie they say:
"Nothing's difficult
Everything's a challenge
Thru adversity, to the stars
To the last plane,
to the last bullet,
to the last minute,
to the last man,
WE FIGHT, WE FIGHT
WE FIGHT, WE FIGHT!!!
         We did the same thing, but instead of "to the last plane...bullet...minute...man," we said "to the last scripture, to the last friend, to the last prayer, to the last man, WE FIGHT, WE FIGHT, WE FIGHT, WE FIGHT!!!!" It was really fun. 

         Thursday is the really spiritual day. The boys and girls split up for YW/YM activities. We learned about the atonement, and the lesson was really good. They took apart "The Living Christ" article and taught it to us. I have sooooo many notes in my handbook from that. I learned a lot. We also had a testimony meeting with our company, which was really good.

        Friday was really fun, but we were all sad, because early in the morning the next day was when we left. On Friday, there was a Strength of Youth activity, where we learned about a couple of the standards in the Strength of Youth pamphlet. I learned about tithing, dancing and music, friends, dress and appearance, physical health, and service. they were all really good. 

      We were all so sad to leave on Saturday morning, because everyone had made such good friends and had so much fun. We took lots of pictures, and exchanged everyones numbers. I hope I can go to EFY again next year.



    

1 comment:

  1. Emilie, I am so happy for you that you were able to go to EFY....but imissed seeing you. Love to you! Grandma E.

    ReplyDelete